Taking The Stress Out Of Flying
A bad seat, long layovers, unexpected schedule changes and cancellation are sometimes an unfortunate part of the flying experience. Here are a few tips and tricks that can make your experience more pleasant and get you ahead of the game.
- The app SeatGuru can help you select a better seat on just about any flight. SeatGuru provides seat maps of airplane cabins to show seating options on hundreds of airlines and aircraft.
- ExpertFlyer.com allows you to set alerts for specific seats on your flight. You subscribe, enter your flight information and when your desired seat becomes available, you receive an alert for you to take action.
- GateGuru is a good app for gate information including updated estimates on TSA wait times, flight updates, gate changes and dining options. You can also use TSA.gov for TSA information.
- Sign up for cell phone and email alerts when making your airline reservation to receive alerts for flight information like schedule changes, cancellations, delays and aircraft changes.
- Regardless of the cabin you’re flying in, you can get lounge access with services like Priority Pass. It’s not free but for a nominal fee, you could lounge that layover away with complimentary food and drinks in a more comfortable environment. LoungeBuddy and No.1Traveler are other options to purchase one time passes to airport lounges.
When you’re forewarned and forearmed, flying is a lot better!
« Avoiding Airport Hassles