Frequently Asked Questions

Your answers may be here!


When do I get my travel documents?

Travel documents are typically issued two weeks prior to the departure date. Depending on the trip and package, documents are sent electronically.

What is included?

Package inclusions vary by trip and are spelled out on your invoice and/or itinerary. Most packages include air transportation (except for Soul Beach), transfers, accommodations, tours and events.

What is not included?

Anything that is not mentioned on the invoice or itinerary is not included in the package. Standard items that are not included are as follows:

  • Travelers insurance
  • Passport fee processing
  • Visa fee and processing, if required
  • Items of a personal nature
  • Gratuities, unless noted in inclusions
  • Baggage handling above the set limits
  • Airline baggage fees
  • Individual ground transportation
  • Meals and beverages not listed on the itinerary

How much money should I take?

While this is a personal choice and based on the destination, we recommend $50 to $100 per person, per day.

Do I have to tour with the group?

No, you do not have to tour with the group. The group package and itinerary are scheduled; however, if you do not want to participate in any land tour on any day, you may do so. Any tours that you do not join are non-refundable and cannot be used as payment for or credit toward individual tours.

Can I extend my trip?

Yes, you can extend your trip. We will make a request on your behalf, and provide you a quote for the additional services will provided. All additional expenses are your responsibility.

If I do not have a roommate, will you provide one?

We have a “single willing to share” program for registered trip participants. Once you have registered with a deposit, we then put you in contact with other registered “single willing to share” trip participants so that you can explore the possibility of rooming together on the trip.

It’s up to you. If you choose to share a room with another registered trip participant, both of you must let us know.

Are gratuities included?

Gratuities for local tour guides and bus drivers are not included, unless specified on the itinerary. You may tip at your discretion.


Do I need travelers’ insurance?

We highly recommend obtaining travelers’ insurance, which can cover unexpected incidents, ranging from a necessary trip cancelation to illness abroad.

Advantage International partners with Travel Guard to provide optional travel insurance. Click here to request a quote and additional information.


Is there a payment plan?

The payment schedule is outlined on the Terms and Conditions, and must be adhered to. However, you can tailor a payment plan with us directly, as long as it adheres to the benchmark dates for your trip.

What forms of payment are accepted?

We accept Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover cards. We also accept cashiers check or money orders. We do not accept personal checks.


How much luggage can I take?

On our group tours, each person is allowed one carry-on bag and one checked bag. The baggage size and weight restrictions are set by the airline.

Once we arrive at a destination, we travel by motorcoach and your baggage must fit in the bus. In addition, we sometimes travel by domestic flights or train within a country and those carriers might have restrictions on baggage size or weight.

Do I need a passport?

Any travel outside of the United States by American citizens or non-citizen nationals, including to Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, requires a valid passport. Depending on the country or countries you plan to visit, your passport may be required to have three to six months of validity remaining. This is especially true if the country requires an entry visa.

We generally advise of these requirements in plenty of time for you to secure the proper documents. It is essential that you have the correct documents before you arrive at the airport, and of course, that you remember to bring those documents with you to the airport.

Passports for domestic travel

Starting January 22, 2018, passengers with a driver’s license issued by a state that is not compliant with the REAL ID Act (and has not been granted an extension) will need to show an alternative form of acceptable identification such as a passport for domestic air travel. Currently, four states are out of compliance: Louisiana, Minnesota, New Hampshire and New York. We’d suggest that you monitor this if your driver’s license is from one of these states.