Improve Your Airport & Airplane Experience!
You can never get enough airline and airport tips. I for one am always looking for ways to improve my experience.
- Wear slip on shoes or at least ones that come off and go back on easily. This will make the TSA screening process a lot easier.
- Get TSA Precheck. Not having to remove your shoes at all is worth it alone, but there are many other benefits.
- Get Global Entry. Avoid those long immigration lines. Something tells me they’re about to get longer.
- Get a luggage scale. Who wants to be that person exposing their personal belongs because their bag is overweight? Know before you go!
- Bring snacks. Having something to nibble on when hunger pangs hit will save you money, time and maybe even a few pounds.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Buy the largest bottle of water you can find in the airport. Yes, it’s expensive but not only will the larger bottle save money overall, water is important to your health. If you don’t want to spend airport prices for water or don’t mind if it’s not spring water, bring an empty bottle and fill up at the water fountain.
- Wear a jacket or a large scarf or shawl; even if it’s in the summer, the airports and airplanes can be cold and blankets these days are scarce.
- If traveling in the summer and wearing sandals, bring footies to protect your feet from the dirty floor.
- If you park at the airport, take a photo of the location or text it to yourself.
- Arrive early. Give yourself an extra hour to get to the airport. If one thing goes wrong you could be stressing over making your flight. It’s much more relaxing to be at the gate, a restaurant or lounge with peace of mind.
These little tips can go a long way in making your airport and airplane experience better.
« Who’s Lurking When You Swipe?