BECOME THE CELEBRITY ON YOUR TRIP
You may not have the bank account or the status of a celebrity, but you can vacation like one.
If you want to make your next trip celebrity worthy do the following things. Go ahead it’s fun!
Pick a destination that celebrities visit.You can stay in a modest hotel but hang out at the celebrity’s hot spots.
- Follow your favorite or most popular celebrity on social media to track their shenanigans and whereabouts
- Go to a swanky bar or night club. You can google where the best mixologists and DJ’s work and perform
- If you’re more laid back, you can go to one of those high-end hotels for coffee, brunch, a cocktail or spa treatment, depending on your budget of course. Some even have day passes that will allow you to use their facilities at their spa or pool. On one of my trips to Dubai, we stayed at the Fairmont Dubai. Our celebrity upgrade was having tea at the Burj al Arab. It was $150 each but well worth it for the experience (#experientialtravel), the view and it was necessary to step foot on the property.
Make sure your wardrobe says celebrity…Noooo you don’t have to break the bank to do it. It’s all about the look not what you spent.
- Your look should be effortless and chic, especially for traveling. You never know who you might run into or who might be lurking when you step off the plane. I have a “go to” travel outfit. Black leggings (the thick pant like kind), a black long cardigan that belts and my new favorite, MK’s high-top wedge sneakers.
- A pair of shades to hide tired eyes
- A scarf is a perfect accessory to add a pop of color or to tie up your hair if necessary
- The perfect tote to carry your essentials in
- And ditch the gym shoes. They’re only for the gym and they’re not comfortable on a long flight.
Lastly, and this is a MUST….document it all like a paparazzi on social media
- You must have a camera or just use your cell phone’s camera
- Master the “Selfie”
- Get a Selfie Stick. It’s a fairly new gadget that you attach your cell phone to for more and better angles.
- Sometimes you don’t have to spend a dime to visit those “celebrity places”, but you should document it. Make sure you get the name or sign in the background to prove you were there.
- Now this is the fun part….Photo bomb other vacationers. They’ll wonder …Who was that gorgeous creature in my photo?
“Remember, the world is a book and those who do not travel, read only a page.”
« HOW TO ACHIEVE EXPERIENTIAL TRAVEL